Pan-Seared Snow Goose with Wasabi Sweet and Sour Sauce
1. Rub skinned snow goose breasts with oil, salt and pepper and place in a hot skillet with sliced onions and peppers.
2. Brown on one side and then flip over.
3. Add to pan:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh or pickled ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared wasabi paste (Japanese horseradish)
4. Remove snow geese when rare to medium rare.
5. Stir in diced mango.
6. Arrange snow goose breasts on black plate with rice.
7. Spoon sauce over breasts and garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.